Monday, December 6, 2010

Holy Deliciousness, Batman!

I have to tip my proverbial hat to my friend and fellow foodie, Patti Young. She was responsible for securing a fantastic venue and menu for the RE/MAX Preferred Christmas party this year. For those of you who haven't tried Cherry Bomb, the new restaurant that took the place of Joe's Place on the corner of Martin and Dawson streets, put it on your wish list.

I'm a sucker for deviled eggs, but these made me weak in the knees. On the menu as "Huevos Diablo", these puppies are a refreshing twist on a classic. Secret ingredients include bacon fat and cumin...

Another DEE-licious treat was Chef Scott's fried green tomatoes. Nice, sturdy batter, topped with homemade melted pimento cheese (uh, YUM), and pickled onions. Suffice it to say I ate WAY too many. While they are not on the menu now, I impressed upon Chef Scott that my life would be slightly off kilter until I was assured I could access these mouth-watering morsels on demand. We may be in luck, Raleigh, because it sounds like there is a revamped menu coming...

And if I haven't sold you yet, Cherry Bomb has 66 beers on tap. So scurry on down and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment